THE DISCIPLE

 (The Greek word can be translated - Apprentice or pupil)

The will of a good boss is to train his apprentices to become like him, the goal of a good apprentice is to become like his Master.

Jesus Christ is the perfect Master, do you want to be his disciple?

Proverb 10 v 17: "He who observes discipline is on his way to life, but he who forgets the warning goes astray."                                                                         

Proverb 18 v 1: "He who stands aside seeks what he likes, he challenges against all wisdom."                                                                                                                                                 The true disciple is not a marginal, nor a maverick, but he is integrated into a faithful assembly.

Matthew 5 v 43 to 48: Be perfect (whole, unreserved, unshared). The Lord has given himself entirely to us, and He wants us all to Him.

"You have learned that it has been said: You will love your neighbor, and you will hate your enemy.

But I say to you: Love your enemies, bless those who make you demeanor, do good to those who hate you, and pray for those who mistreat you and persecute you so that you may be the son of your Father who is in heaven, for he makes his sun rise on the wicked and the good, and it rains on the righteous and the unjust.

If you love those who love you, what reward do you deserve? Don't publicapeople do the same?

And if you only greet your brethren, what do you do extraordinary? Don't the heathens do the same? So be perfect, as your Heavenly Father is perfect. »

Mt 8 v 18 to 22: There are conditions to follow.

"Jesus, seeing a large crowd around him, gave the order to move to the other side.

A scribe approached him, and said to him, "Master, I will follow you wherever you go."

Jesus answered him: Foxes have dens, and birds of heaven have nests, but the Son of Man has no place to rest his head.

Mt 10 v 24 - 25: There is a price to pay. We follow a Lord rejected and despised by men, so it is normal that we are rejected and despised, it is an honour.

Mt 10 v 32 -33: Take a public stand for the Lord. Are you proud of him?

"Therefore, whoever confesses to me before men, I will also confess it before my Father who is in heaven, but whoever disowns me before men, I will also deny him before my Father who is in heaven."

Mt 10 v 37 to 40: Priority to the Lord, and death to oneself. Does Jesus have the first place in your heart? Who's sitting on the throne of your life?

"He who loves his father or mother more than I am not worthy of me, and he who loves his son or daughter more than I is not worthy of me, the one who does not take his cross, and does not follow me, is not worthy of me. Whoever keeps his life will lose it, and the one who loses his life because of me will find it. »

Mt 16 v 24: Give up on oneself, choose the cross, spend your life following the Lord. We are dead to the world and to sin.

"Then Jesus said to his disciples, "If anyone wants to come after me, let him renounce himself, take care of his cross, and follow me."

Mt 28 v 19: Make disciples among all nations (not just converts).

"Come on, make all the nations disciples, baptizing them in the name of the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit... »

Luke 6 v 40: At the end, we will be like the Master.

The disciple is no more than the master, but every accomplished disciple will be like his master.

Luke 6 v 46: The disciple is not "religious" but obedient.

"Why do you call me Lord, Lord, and do not do what I say?"

Luke 14 v 33: Give up everything to follow him. We no longer own our property, but manage. Everything we are and all that we have is his.

"So any one of you does not renounce all that he possesses cannot be my disciple."

John 8 v 12: The disciple no longer lives in darkness.

"Jesus spoke to them again, and said: I am the light of the world; whoever follows me will not walk in darkness, but he will have the light of life. »

John 8 v 30 to 32: Persevere in reading and putting into practice his Word. Do you have a daily personal cult? If we know (penrons) the Truth, that is, Christ, we will be freed (freed from slavery): From Satan, from sin, from men, philosophies, religions, passions, alcohol, drugs, tobacco, reflexes conditioned by emotional wounds, prejudices (racial, social, etc.), susceptibility, believing that others don't like us... Etc. 

"As Jesus spoke in this way, many believed in him. And he said to the Jews who had believed in him: If you remain in my word, you are truly my disciples, you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free. »

John 12 v 26: The disciple will be honored by GOD.

"If someone serves me, let them follow me; and where I am, there too will be my servant. If someone serves me, the Father will honor him. »

John 13 v 35: Loving all brothers and sisters, without exception, is the testimony that will touch the hearts of the people who see us live. Settle our differences amicably, and do not talk about the problems of the church in front of the people of the world, nor in front of the children.

"To this all will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for each other."

Romans 12 v 1 - 2: God asks for total consecration, total commitment, total fidelity, and total obedience. Did you deliver your body to the Lord?

"I therefore urge you, brethren, by the compassions of God, to offer your bodies as a living, holy, pleasing sacrifice to God, which will be a reasonable worship on your part.

Do not conform to the present century, but be transformed by the renewal of intelligence, so that you may discern what is God's will, which is good, pleasant and perfect. »

2 Timothy 2 v 1 to 7: Pass on the teaching to faithful brothers and train them so that they can train others. 3 parables about engagement.

"You, my child, strengthen yourself in the grace that is in Jesus Christ.

And what you have heard from me in the presence of many witnesses, entrust it to faithful men, who are able to teach it to others as well.

Suffer with me, like a good soldier of Jesus Christ. There is no soldier who is embarrassed by the affairs of life, if he wants to please the one who enlisted him, and the athlete is not crowned, if he has not fought according to the rules. The ploughman must work before collecting the fruit.

Understand what I am saying, for the Lord will give you intelligence in all things. »

2 Tim 2 v 19 to 23: Vases: purify ingself to be useful to the Lord. Join a faithful congregation to grow in faith, and do good to our brothers and sisters. Have a daily personal cult.

"Nevertheless, the solid foundation of God remains standing, with these words that serve as a seal: The Lord knows those who belong to him, and: Whoever pronounces the name of the Lord, may he move away from iniquity.

In a large house, there are not only vases of gold and silver, but also of wood and earth; some are vases of honor, and others are of vile use.

If, therefore, someone keeps himself pure, abstaining from these things, he will be a vase of honor, sanctified, useful to his master, proper to any good work.

Flee the passions of youth, and seek justice, faith, charity, peace, with those who invoke the Lord with a pure heart.

Rejects crazy and unnecessary discussions, knowing that they give rise to quarrels. »

The life of discipleship is constantly growing. 2 Peter 3 v 17-18: "You, therefore, beloved, who are warned, stand on your guard, lest you, driven by the misguided ness of the ungodly, you will come to undo your firmness. But grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. To him be glory, now and for eternity! Amen! »

Deuteronomy 15 v 17: The voluntary, free, and joyful slave. Sign of belonging to the Master. Is your ear pierced?

« ... Then you will take a punch and pierce his ear against the door, and he will be your slave forever. You'll do the same for your maid. »

Jesus Christ is truly the Lord of my life when:

I obey immediately and without discussing the instructions of the Holy Spirit.

I'm ready to serve it no matter what.

I recognize that He is the source of everything I need in life.

I recognize that everything That I am and everything I have belongs to him.

I see difficulties and failures as opportunities to grow.

I always seek to honor and glorify it.

"To please him is more important than to please men.

Knowing him becomes the obsession of my life.

 


Questions

1) What do you think a disciple is?

2) Are you a Sunday Christian?

3) What are the Lord's rights over us?

5) What is self-denial?

6) What will become of the one who is ashamed of the Lord?

7) Are you a disciple?

8) What does it mean to "make disciples"?

9) What does a boss expect from his workers?

10) Do you spend time alone with God every day?

11) Do you sincerely love all your brothers and sisters?

12) Did you offer your body to God?

13) Are you engaged in your local assembly?

14) Are you a slave to the Lord?

15) Is Jesus your savior or your Lord?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Under what conditions may Christians divorce and remarry?

Why should I save sex for marriage?